Monday, June 17, 2013

Adding a bit of Shabby chic to the bedroom


I love a feminine bedroom so I finally made the jump to pink floral bedding. I called and asked the hubby and he didn't mind. He says you spend more time in there then I do. I have to admit to some watching TV in bed, reading in bed, knitting in bed etc. The bedding is Shabby Chic from Target. 
The wreath above the bed is a simple coffee filter wreath. It adds a touch of whimsy and was so easy to make. 


The headboard and dressers are from the 1960's. My parents bought the set when they got married. I plan on painting them (my husband plans on painting them for me)soon. I believe I'm settled on Icing Rose by Behr.
I embroidered these two pillow shams to give the bed a crafting touch.
The milk glass lamps came from goodwill, along with the white tea pot. The pink cake plate was a gift from my mom. 

2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    Nice to meet you in the blogging neighborhood.

    The colors and fabrics (esp your pretty flowered hand embroidery) of your new bedroom design scheme are calming, comfortable and delicate. A friend of mine in Maine did the whole house her family rented, in shabby chic, colors and fabrics. She has four girls. The house was build in 1840. Her husband didn't mind the colors because his realm was the expansive vegetable garden he planted out back and the room with the wood stove.

    If truth be told there really isn't anything "shabby" about your design or hers.
    Karen A. in Penn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you room is going to be so lovely. One thing though, I think you need cake on that plate... maybe a nice carrot with cream cheese icing... no, German Chocolate... oh, what am I thinking? It's not even 9:00 a.m. yet!

    Seriously, your room looks so beautiful and restful.

    Laura
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete