Monday, January 14, 2013

What I am Learning...

Recently I downloaded a learning sermon titled The Wise Woman's Guide to Blessing Her Husband's Vision by Doug Phillips. This teaching can be downloaded as a mp3 from bluebehemoth.com and can be purchased on cd by Vision Forum at their website visionforum.com

Product image
*Please note I have purchased this teaching myself and was not given this for review.

This teaching is a great reminder of my duties as wife. There was the reminder that I am responsible for my attitude and demeanor in the home. There was conviction of my gentleness in how I speak to my husband at times. It made me ask some questions of myself. Am I trying to lead my husband where I want to go or am I giving him the freedom to lead our family in his way? Am I acting as "Holy Spirit Jr." to my husband? Am I really doing good for him or do I see him as my helper when he gets home in the evening?

There was also relief for me in this teaching. In Christian society it seems all of us women are supposed to be  running a ministry out side of our house. This teaching shows a woman her true mission is with her family working to bless her husbands vision and ministry. I don't have to push an agenda on my husband. I am not responsible to set the vision of my family. I will be patient waiting for leading from my husband on his ministry. I will encourage him to find a vision for the family through my willingness to serve by continuing to teach the children, and care for his home.

I will continue listening to this teaching as there is so much to glean from this teaching. I want it to soak into my heart until my natural response to my husband is gentle, loving and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment