Saturday, December 8, 2012

12 and Holding

Yesterday my eldest child turned 12. I know I'm supposed to say that time flies but that is not how it feels for me. For me it feels like a lifetime has gone by since this girl was born. We have been through so much this girl of mine and me. I think it feels so long ago because I have changed so much myself over the years. I was about to turn 22 when she was born. This child has raised me up as much as I have raised her. Strangely it feels as if she has always been a part of my life (it feels like that with all my kids).

During our bible time yesterday I prayed over my precious girl and I could here her whispers of agreement when I prayed that she learned from the word of God more then she learned from having to make the mistakes herself. I prayed that she be used of God to reach others. She is always on the side of the underdog and I can see her loving service to others and missions. She is a doer and God needs more doers then theologians.

In celebration of her birthday homeschool was canceled and we went out for fun instead.
Our first stop was to Half Priced Books where all the kids got something and the birthday girl got four. Our next stop was a surprise. 

I found a cupcake bakery online and the kids were in awe of the selection and size when we arrived!
The birthday girl chose the "Birthday" Cupcake and received a candle on top. 

The shop was adorable and was decorated for Christmas. What a goofy crew I have! 

Today we are celebrating with Nana and PawPaw. The birthday girl is already there as she spent the night last night. I will be making her cake to bring over and we will have lunch. This year she didn't want gifts but to go shopping. So she and I will make a day together at the mall while the other kids help Nana decorate for Christmas.

Have a great Saturday! Tomorrow we will be visiting a church here. The kids are ready to get back to a church routine and to make some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment