Monday, December 3, 2012

A Touch of Christmas Cheer

This weekend we continued our unpacking but to break up the line of brown boxes we unpacked some Christmas as well.

First up was a Playmobil Advent Calendar  that was sent to us from my mother in law. This is a big hit with the 8 year old and 4 year old. Each day you open up a new piece of the winter scene.


Now that we are in a two story house our Christmas tree can actually fit! So up it went with room for the the star (which is still in a box not located).


On the mantel went the Nativity that my Grandmother painted the year I was born. 
 

On the kitchen counter went a snowy village. Yesterday it was  82 degrees where we live! The poly fil snow piles will most likely be the only "snow" we see this season!

Last but not least,  the kitchen received a touch of Christmas so we can get to making my favorite: Christmas cut out cookies!



By the evening I had two very tired feet but I loved waking up to the Christmas cheer this morning. My parents came over for dinner last night which was a first. We used to live 3 hours away so any visits always included a sleep over. Now we are 7 minutes away so quick visits are possible with everyone able to return to their own comfy beds later that evening. 




No comments:

Post a Comment