Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Compliments for Cookies

Today I am sharing a recipe for Pumpkin Pie Cookies! I know, I know it's almost spring time aren't we long done with pumpkin. I will endeavor to change your mind or at least give you a recipe you can pocket. These cookies are so light in taste not heavy in the tummy like most autumnal pumpkin fare.
I most recently made them for my husband to take to a pot luck at work. He said they were all gone while the store bought cookies remained on the table. Then when we attended a banquet for work a soldier came and gave praise for the cookies so I guess they made an impression.
I also would make these for a pastor bible study at our previous church. I was the only one in the class under 70. I enjoyed bringing a sweet snack for my classmates. They seemed to enjoy the gesture and I felt good to make them smile and to have an extra treat to take home as well.


After all that bragging I must confess this is not my recipe it was found on www.cooks.com So share with me in compliments and the cookies!
PUMPKIN PIE COOKIES 
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 c. soft butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Set aside. Cream butter and shortening in mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add pumpkin and egg; beat well. Add dry ingredients and blend. Stir in vanilla. Drop onto slightly greased and floured cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes until brown.

Reviews: 1
Dec 6, 4:02 AM
Jeremiah (California) says:

These cookies can be eaten plain, with simple powdered sugar dusted on top or a powered sugar icing. It just depends on the sweetness of your tooth!

Share them if you wish or keep them at home, they will be sure to please.

1 comment:

  1. My family loves pumpkin so this is a great recipe to add to my arsenal of goodness. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete