Friday, July 19, 2013

A Few of my Favorite things...Baking Tools

I love baking cookies. Unfortunately for my hips I love eating them as well. They are a sweet treat in the palm of your hand and they always go so well with a cup of coffee or fresh milk. Cookies are the quintessential treat of childhood. They are portable for little hands and can even be sneaked off with quite well in a pocket.

Recently I have acquired some fun baking tools I would like to share with you. First and foremost I love my new Kitchen Aid it feels like fancy baking now! I have been wanting one forever but a few months ago my luck changed. You see my husband hit 40 and he decided it was time to get his dream car, a corvette. So I decided now was the chance for me to get a few things of my own so we agreed if he got the car a Kitchen Aid would be in the front seat! (I also managed in the plea for a very girly master bedroom makeover).

He was more than happy to meet my (in comparison) simple request.

Now for the smaller and more obtainable items. My new measuring cups were an impromptu gift from my mother. She purchased them at Pier One and said they reminded her of me!
On pinterest everyones new favorite addiction, I found the idea of making cookies that can rest on the edge of  a cup. While shopping at World Market I found cookie cutter for this very thing!

And the price is oh so right at $1.49

I also have it in flower shape. While there I also picked up a scalloped shape cutter that I can also use for biscuits. 
The kids are always on hand to help ice these sugar cookies and dip them in what else sugar. 
Now what is that mysterious green Stamp object. Well, it is truly a divine and much wanted item. It's a Cookie Stamp and it says this:
I feel in love with this $3.99 little gem! 
Have a cookie and a cuppa and enjoy your Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful toys er, I mean tools! ~smile~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! I just love your measuring cups - too cute! And the "homemade" cookies are wonderful! I have never seen a cookie stamp like that :)

    I hope you had a lovely weekend! Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete