Wednesday, July 17, 2013

His Gentle Reminder


I picked up my bible the ribbon marker was set to Proverbs 31. I started to read and then gave pause. Something about the scene before me hit me: I am so blessed what do I have to complain about. The weight of my bible in my hand, the knitting started at the side, the comfy bed I'm sitting in, the cup of coffee by my side, the uninterrupted bath I just took. Blessings all around me.

Thank you Lord for your gentle nudge to see beauty all around me. Father keep me present through this day to all you providing ways. When I'm at the store and having to be frugal don't let me complain inwardly. When my feet get tired later from chores and my ankles swell don't let me feel like a martyr. Bring me back to that gentle reminder of how awesomely I am blessed by You. Any suffering that I feel is like being beat with an eyelash in comparison of the suffering others endure and especially your glorious son. In Jesus Name, Amen


Linking to:Deep Roots at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment